Bronte School House Facilities
The house comprises of:
- light and spacious, comfy lounge housing a wood-burning stove, bookshelves laden with books and magazines, television with digital freeview and DVD player with DVDs. A large bay window provides glorious vistas to the garden and countryside beyond;
- separate dining room with georgian cast-iron columns and wooden panelling, dating from an eighteenth century extension to the original property, housing a six-seater dining table and chairs and cupboard with games. A cushioned window-seat provides the perfect spot to sit and read a book;
- kitchen with free standing wooden units, ceramic hob/electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and fully equipped with crockery, glassware, cutlery, cafetiere, teapot and cooking utensils so that you can do as much or as little cooking as you wish!;
- bathroom with a wonderful claw foot bath for lazy soaks, and a separate shower, toilet & wash basin; and
- washing machine.
Original stone stairs lead to:
- master bedroom houses a king size brass bed with pocket-sprung mattress, victorian cast-iron fireplace and window-seats overlooking the garden & open countryside beyond;
- second bedroom has twin iron bedsteads with pocket sprung mattresses, victorian cast-iron fireplace and views to the garden & open countryside;
- third bedroom with its exposed stonework has a double antique brass bed with pocket sprung mattress and views to the sheep or cattle grazing in the neighbouring field.
- separate toilet & wash-basin
- Unlimited internet/wifi
- Outside there is a beautiful cottage garden, where children can run around, where you can enjoy views across rolling countryside or simply sit with a glass of wine listening to the sound of Leck Beck running just beyond the garden wall.
- Off-road private parking for two cars at the cottage. (If you need additional parking you can park in the village car park (honesty box £1/day) just behind the village shop).
- View the accessibility guide here.
Some of our impartial reviews...
"Us four adults and three little girls very much enjoyed our early summer holiday at the Bronte Schoolhouse! It is beautifully presented and feels very cosy but was still big enough for seven of us not to feel cramped. The beds were comfortable, bathroom was big (with a gorgeous roll-top bath), and there was plenty of outside space."
"We loved our stay in this charming comfortable carefully restored cottage steeped in history. The cottage was well equipped with lots of information on things to do in the area. I would definitely recommend. Sandra Our host was great. Wish we could of stayed longer."